Sunday, November 10, 2013

In Dreams

I dreamt of you last night. Such a strange,funny dream it was.You lived in the forest; in the woods. Where the mists would cover the tops of the trees and you strain to see your own feet.

'There were plants and birds and rocks and things'.Coniferous for some reason.Big,tall grand Conifers and Junipers and Cycads and other assorted gymnospermae.I was almost certain I caught sight of a reptilian herd of rather large proportions peering at me from behind gargantuan ferns.

Did it feel like the Cretaceous? For sure I was lost in time, a confused reverie of no place and no time.

Harken to 1452.To an age of adventure.From amongst a tribe of some sort.American Indian? Sioux? Cree? Perhaps Incan? I really have no clue.Or maybe the children of the corn?
At the edge of the forest.Where the tree line ends and the vapourous mists rise upwards and can no longer stream past.The pall of a grey day,in the air alone.The wet of early morning.A small gracious wind,sunbreak,daylight approaching.Unbeatable.The dew falls off the trees,filling the air with the silence of their swaying.Rocky outcrops dot underfoot, with the water of fresh rain cascading across age old sculpted chasms.

At that very moment, they break out from under the trees.A skipped run,dressed in flowing white.Thats when i see you.You walk straight to me,looking as though you can see far past my shoulders.You need to use my radio/computer/wind-aided device.(the thing is all i can remember is that it was some sort of contraption).You need to send a message.It goes out in waves.

I awake to a lumpy blue futon,snot up my nose, an exam that i've half studied for and an ache down my spine that feels like an almighty dislocation.

The Tempest at Wikisource.

No comments:

Post a Comment